June 24, 2015 | Development
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and OTO Development today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop. This is the first Hyatt Place hotel in Chicago’s downtown Loop area, ideally situated just minutes away from shopping and cultural attractions.
“Chicago is a world-class city and travel destination, and Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop is a wonderful new option for all visitors. Located in the heart of the city’s business, financial and theater districts, the hotel offers convenient proximity to destinations like State Street, Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile, American Girl Place, and many more. It is also less than a block from Hyatt’s corporate headquarters,” said General Manager Jerry Evans.
Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown-The Loop offers amenities suited to day- or week-long conferences, as well as weekend visits, including:
• 206 guestrooms; each with a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and Cozy Corner sectional sofa. Several guestrooms will also include floor to ceiling windows offering sweeping views down Franklin Street.
• Free Wi-Fi for use throughout the hotel and guestrooms.
• Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM breakfast for guests, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices.
• An impressive 1,800 square foot fitness center.
• 2,300 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting and event space with floor to ceiling windows.
• 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock.
• A Coffee to Cocktails Bar with specialty coffees, premium beers, wines and cocktails.
This is OTO’s first project in downtown Chicago and is located just a block from Hyatt Headquarters. In 2009, Hyatt recognized OTO Development as Developer of the Year.
ABOUT HYATT PLACE Launched in 2006, the Hyatt Place brand brings authentic hospitality to the upscale service hotel category for which Hyatt is known. Inspired by the 24/7 lifestyle of multitasking travelers, Hyatt Place hotels combine style with casual hospitality; featuring spacious guestrooms with the Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, free Wi-Fi everywhere, 24/7 Gallery Menu, Coffee to Cocktails Bar, and free hot breakfast for guests. The Odds & Ends program also has guests covered with items they may have forgotten and can buy, borrow or enjoy for free. Specially trained Gallery Hosts are on hand to offer assistance with everything from directions to check-in to a freshly made meal.